Join me as we look at a
Sinclair Spectrum +3 belonging to Dean Swain at Retro Asylum.
The drive is not working and even with an RGB SCART cable it is
not displaying correctly on his TV. We are going to fix the SCART issue, repair the drive and also implement the audio fixes to cure the terrible clipped sound that plagues this model in it’s factory condition.
BIG THANKS to Ben Versteeg for supplying the brilliant from DivMMC EnJOY PRO ONE https://www.bytedelight.com/
If you don’t want to make these changes yourself, I thoroughly recommend
Ian Gledhill at Mutant Caterpillar Games
**Subscribe to get your fix!**
Links to resources:
– List of components to change for audio fix: https://spectrumforeveryone.com/technical/fixing-audio-distortion-spectrum-3/
– Details on the SCART compliance fix: https://spectrumforeveryone.com/technical/making-your-12822a3-rgb-socket-scart-compliant/
– Retro Asylum who supplied the patient for this video: http://retroasylum.com
– The AMAZING TeknoAXE who supplied the music in this episode: http://teknoaxe.com/
– The original document from ZXGuesser: https://zxnet.co.uk/spectrum/+3sound/
Thanks for watching!